This post has been Last Updated 1 month ago by Samuel
Here we are going to Fix Facebook marketplace for all the errors with a single blog post:
- “Cannot connect to Marketplace”
- “Loading screen of doom”
- “Marketplace isn’t available to you”
- “You can’t access Marketplace”
- “Search bar not working”
- “Can’t post listings”
- “Suspicious activity detected”
- “Spam and scams”
This is the ULTIMATE blog post for all your needs and best-proven tips and tricks to get Facebook working back again.
How to Quickly Fix Facebook Marketplace
It appears that many users, including myself, are facing issues with Facebook Marketplace, encountering a “No Results Found” problem while searching for items. From my experience, this problem seems widespread, affecting users in various locations, including different cities in Canada, Australia, Europe, Asia, and other regions.
In my case, there isn’t much I can do to fix this issue on my end, as it appears to be a technical problem on Facebook’s side. If you’re experiencing the same, here are some suggestions based on my experience:
Wait for Facebook to Resolve the Issue:
- In my case, I found it helpful to wait patiently as this could be a temporary glitch, and Facebook’s technical team might already be working on resolving it.
Check Facebook’s Status Page:
- I recommend checking Facebook’s official status page or their official social media accounts for any announcements about ongoing technical issues. This might provide insights into the problem and an estimated time for resolution.
Contact Facebook Support:
- In my experience, reaching Facebook support can be challenging, but you should try reporting the issue through Facebook Help Center or Twitter. While it may not offer an immediate solution, it can help bring attention to the problem.
Use Alternative Platforms:
- If you urgently need to buy or sell items, I suggest considering alternative platforms like Craigslist, eBay, or local classifieds until Facebook Marketplace is operational again.
Basic Troubleshooting For Facebook MarketPlace Not Working
Fix 1: Checking Facebook Servers
In my experience, when encountering issues with Facebook Marketplace or other features, the first thing I do is check for server outages. To do this, you can visit websites like DownDetector or the official Facebook Status Page.
If a temporary issue is confirmed on the server end, I recommend waiting patiently for Facebook to resolve it. Server outages are usually temporary, and the platform tends to address them promptly.
Fix 2: Updating Facebook App/Desktop Version
In my case, keeping my Facebook app or desktop version up-to-date has proven crucial for a smoother experience. When you experience issues, it’s a good practice to ensure you’re using the latest version.
Developers regularly release updates containing bug fixes and stability improvements. If you haven’t done so recently, I suggest checking for updates in your device’s app store or the settings menu on your desktop.
Fix 3: Restarting My Device and Internet Connection
When I encounter glitches or connectivity issues, the first step I take is restarting my device and internet connection.
In my experience, this simple action often resolves temporary hiccups. Restarting clears out any lingering issues and ensures a fresh connection to Facebook servers. If you’re facing problems, I recommend trying this quick fix before exploring more complex solutions.
Fix 4: Logging Out and Logging Back In
In my case, when I encounter login or access issues on Facebook, logging out and then logging back in has proven effective. This action refreshes the connection and can resolve minor issues that may be causing disruptions. If you’re experiencing difficulties with access or responsiveness, I suggest giving this a try. It’s a straightforward step that might just solve the problem you’re facing.
Cache and Data Management of Facebook Marketplace
1. Clear Facebook App Cache and Data (Mobile)
- Open the Settings app.
- Scroll down and tap Facebook.
- Tap App Storage.
- Tap Offload App or Delete App. If you choose Offload App, your app data will be temporarily removed but you can reinstall it without losing data. If you choose the Delete App, all your data will be permanently deleted.
- If you choose the Delete App, re-download and install Facebook from the App Store.
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap Apps & notifications.
- Find Facebook and tap it.
- Tap Storage & cache.
- Tap Clear Cache and then Clear Storage.
2. Clear Browser Cache and Cookies (Desktop):
- Click the three dots in the top right corner of the window.
- Select Settings.
- Click Privacy and security in the left sidebar.
- Click Clear browsing data.
- Select a timeframe (e.g., “Past hour”, “Past 24 hours”, “All time”) and check the boxes for Browsing history, Cookies and other site data, and Cached images and files.
- Click Clear data.
- Click the three horizontal lines in the top right corner of the window.
- Select History.
- Click Clear Recent History.
- Select a timeframe and check the boxes for Cache and Cookies.
- Click Clear Now.
- Go to the Safari menu.
- Select Preferences.
- Click the Privacy tab.
- Click Manage Website Data.
- Search for “Facebook” or scroll down until you find it.
- Select Remove and then confirm.
Fix 1: Disabling Browser Extensions/Add-ons
In my experience, when dealing with issues on Facebook, one troubleshooting step is disabling browser extensions or add-ons. If you notice suspicious or unfamiliar extensions, disabling them can help determine if they are interfering with Facebook’s functionality.
I recommend going through your browser settings and selectively disabling extensions to pinpoint any potential conflicts.
So, I was using the Web Developer extension, and simply because of this, I cannot use the Facebook Marketplace. Before that, it was working perfectly. That’s the reason why Facebook Marketplace is not working.
Fix 2: Trying a Different Browser (Desktop)
If the issue persists in a specific browser, I recommend trying a different one. In my case, changing to an alternative browser often resolves compatibility problems.
This step helps determine if the problem is browser-specific or more widespread. Testing Facebook on browsers like Chrome, Firefox, or Safari can provide valuable insights into the nature of the issue.
Fix 3: Changing Region/Language Settings (Desktop)
Incorrect region or language settings can impact Marketplace availability on Facebook. In my experience, I suggest checking and ensuring the accuracy of these settings.
On the desktop version, navigate to your account settings and review the region and language configurations. Adjust them accordingly to match your actual location and language preferences. This simple step might alleviate Marketplace-related issues.
Fix 4: Reinstalling the Facebook App (Mobile)
If other troubleshooting steps fail on the mobile app, consider reinstalling it as a last resort. In my case, I’ve found that reinstalling the Facebook app can resolve persistent issues. Uninstall the app from your device, then reinstall it from the official app store.
This process ensures that you have the latest version and that any corrupted data causing problems is cleared. While this step may take a bit more time, it can be an effective solution when other methods fall short.
- Your first point of contact should be the Facebook Help Center: [https://www.facebook.com/help].
- Search for “Marketplace” or browse the Marketplace-specific articles.
- Many issues have dedicated troubleshooting guides and solutions.
- You can also report specific problems through the “Report a Problem” feature within the Help Center.
- Facebook offers live chat support for specific issues, even though it’s not guaranteed for Marketplace.
- Go to [https://www.facebook.com/business/help] and click “Get Support” in the top right corner.
- Choose “Technical Support” and follow the prompts. If the issue falls within their scope, you might be connected to a live chat agent.
- The Facebook Community Forums are a vibrant resource with user-driven solutions and discussions: [https://www.facebook.com/groups/].
- Search for “Marketplace” and see if others have encountered similar issues and found solutions.
- Post your specific problem for community assistance and advice.
- Within the Facebook app or website, navigate to “Settings” > “Help & Support” > “Report a Problem.”
- Select “Marketplace” as the category and clearly describe your issue.
- This provides feedback to Facebook directly and might contribute to future improvements.
How I Fixed Facebook Marketplace Errors
Contact Facebook Support:
- Users facing the Marketplace removal issue should attempt to reach out to Facebook support through the appropriate channels. Reporting the problem directly to Facebook might provide insights or a resolution.
Check Help Center:
- Explore the Help Center within the Facebook platform to see if there are any specific guidelines or information regarding the removal of Marketplace access. Facebook might have resources or steps to address such issues.
Wait for Resolution:
- Considering that multiple users seem to be experiencing the same problem, it might be a widespread issue or a bug on Facebook’s end. Waiting for a certain period could be a viable option, as the platform might resolve the issue internally.
That’s it for the blog post today; I hope you find it helpful. I’ve tried to share all the proven ways to resolve issues with Facebook Marketplace not working. These tips have worked for me several times and have proven helpful for others as well. If something has turned the tables for you, let us know in the comment section. Alternatively, if you are facing any issues, feel free to contact us.