This post has been Last Updated 5 months ago by Kunal
Many users are facing the issue on discord.com where people are seeing “Sorry you have been blocked you are unable to access’ ‘ this is the exact error that we’ll guide you to fix with FixItKunal.
Multiple Discord users are saying the same thing on Discord community posts, and other forums, including our website, people are requesting to fix “Discord sorry you have been blocked”. So, here are 5 practical ways to fix sorry you have been blocked by Discord.
How To Fix Sorry You Have Been Blocked You Are Unable To Access Discord.Com
To fix the “Discord sorry you have been blocked” problem, try uninstalling unnecessary Chrome extensions, use a VPN, access Discord through an incognito browser, clear cache and cookies, and temporarily disable firewalls or antivirus software. If the issue persists, seek help from Discord’s support team and keep an eye on server-related issues on “downdetector.com”.
Fix 1: Remove Unwanted Chrome Extensions
Now, whenever you see the discode is not working for you, you probably have a lot of unwanted Chrome extension files installed so what you have to do is to manage all these extensions and delete some of them which are unwanted and not useful right now.
- In Chrome, click the puzzle icon (extensions menu).
- Select “Manage Extensions.”
- Remove or disable unwanted extensions, especially VPN or suspicious ones.
- Try Discord again to check if the problem is fixed.
Fix 2: Connect to a VPN
Connect to a VPN using a free VPN like ProtonVPN, or Turbo VPN, or try visiting or opening Discord again. When you are connected to the VPN, your IP is masked with a secondary IP provided by the VPN itself. Note, that if you are already connected to a VPN or proxy server, try disconnecting from it and then access Discord.com or the Discord app.
Here’s a brief guide on how to connect to a VPN:
- Choose a VPN service and sign up.
- Download and install the VPN app on your device.
- Open the app, and log in if required.
- Select a server location.
- Click “Connect” to establish a secure connection.
- You’re connected, and your online activities are protected.
- To disconnect, use the app’s “Disconnect” option.
Fix 3: Common Troubleshooting methods
Open the Incognito browser and access Discord. Clear the cache and cookies in the Chrome settings. To do this, go to Chrome, click on ‘More,’ then select ‘More tools,’ and choose ‘Clear browsing data.’ In the menu, select ‘cache’ and ‘cookies.’
Additionally, temporarily disable your firewall or antivirus program. Some antivirus software can mistakenly block access to Discord. In such cases, Discord may display an error message saying, ‘Sorry, you cannot access this server, or you have been blocked by Discord
- Open the Chrome browser in incognito mode.
- Access Discord from the incognito window.
- Clear the cache and cookies in Chrome settings. To do this:
- Click on the three dots in the top right corner (More).
- Select ‘More tools.’
- Choose ‘Clear browsing data.’
- In the pop-up menu, select ‘cache’ and ‘cookies.’
- Click ‘Clear data.’
- Temporarily disable your firewall or antivirus program, as some antivirus software can block Discord access.
- Check if you can access Discord without any issues.
Fix 4: Contact the Discord Support team
If you’ve tried all the previous steps and are still experiencing issues with Discord, you can consider additional solutions that have been successful for many users. The information provided below is based on comments from a YouTube video, indicating that these fixes have been helpful to others.
However, if none of these methods work for you, it’s recommended to contact Discord support for further assistance.
To Contact Discord Support:
- Visit the Discord support page at https://support.discord.com/hc/en-US/requests/new.
- Select the “Help” option in the support menu.
- Enter your email address and choose the type of question or issue you’re experiencing.
- Provide a subject and description of your problem.
- Click “Submit Request” to send your inquiry to Discord support.
- Wait for their response.
Please note that reaching out to Discord’s support team can be a reliable way to address any persistent issues you may encounter.
Check for Discord Outages
When an issue affects a large section of people, like the Discord problem you mentioned, it’s important to consider that it might not be due to your account or software but could be a server-related problem. To check if it’s a server issue, you can visit websites like “downdetector.com.”
On such platforms, you’ll often find many people reporting problems with Discord being down. This suggests a server issue, and it might be the reason Discord is unable to recognize your connection and displays the “blocked” message. In such cases, it’s best to wait for Discord to resolve the server problem.
That wraps up today’s blog post. In this ultimate tutorial guide, I’ve shown you how to fix the ‘Sorry, you have been blocked, you are unable to access Discord.com’ issue, a problem that has helped over 43,000 people on YouTube. You can find the video tutorial here. I hope you found this guide helpful, and that it successfully resolves your Discord block issue.