This post has been Last Updated 2 months ago by Kunal
In today’s tech-driven era, where music and videos are an integral part of our daily routines, it can be incredibly frustrating when you’re eager to listen to your favorite tunes only to find that your volume buttons are not working and stop working suddenly.
But fear not! This comprehensive guide will walk you through the steps to fix your volume buttons and get you back to enjoying your favorite songs and videos easily. Whether you’re an Android or iPhone user, we’ve got you covered!
In this article, I will show you how to fix the volume button if it is not working. All of you will know why the volume button is not working.
To Fix Volume Button – Make them Working Again!
However, this issue is caused by software errors and sometimes hardware failures. It could be easily cured if it is created because of software errors or bugs.
1. Tilt And Check the Volume Buttons
When you press the volume button, but it doesn’t work, one thing that you do is press that button again and again. I’m afraid that’s not right.
First, you must see these volume buttons if something unusual happens; something like the button could be stuck into the cell phone’s body. And to check whether it is stuck, you can tilt your cell phone and check whether it is bumped.
- Gently tilt your phone to observe the volume buttons.
- Check if the buttons are obstructed or pressed into the smartphone’s body.
- Ensure that your phone is powered off to avoid accidental actions.
- Use your fingertips to apply a slight upward pressure around the volume buttons.
- Be cautious not to exert too much force or use sharp objects that could damage your device.
- Try pressing the volume buttons again to see if they respond.
- If the buttons are still unresponsive, proceed to other troubleshooting steps.
Your volume button is not working because the phone may drop on the volume button so that the volume buttons are thoroughly pressed into the smartphone’s body so that you can’t press them.
2. Restart Your Smartphone
Sometimes some technical or software errors might lead to volume buttons not working. And to cure this problem, you need to restart your smartphone at least twice when they are not working.
- Power off your phone completely.
- Wait for a few seconds, and then power it back on.
- Test the volume buttons again to see if they are working.
To make it advanced, you can either go for a safe boot, also known as a safe mode, in which all the apps are disabled for that particular model. And sometimes, volume buttons start working when people move their smartphones from safe to normal mode.
3. Check and Remove If there are any Unknown Particles
Sometimes, when you press the volume button, some foreign particles enter it and make it stop working, which is why the volume buttons are not working.
- Power off your phone to prevent any accidental actions.
- Use a soft cloth or microfiber cloth to clean the volume buttons gently.
- If the debris is stubborn, lightly moisten the cloth with rubbing alcohol and clean the buttons.
- Ensure that the buttons are completely dry before testing them again.
So, first of all, you need to check if any foreign particles are entering the volume keys. You can use tissue paper to remove it and be aware that you don’t poke a toothpick, broom, paintbrush, needle, etc. This might lead you to a permanent loss of volume buttons.
4. Third-party Makes fix volume Button
Suppose you are in a situation where you have to use your volume, but in any case, you don’t have much time to follow all the tutorials; then you should try this.
You can use any volume buttons app available on the Google Play Store and simultaneously on Apple’s App Store. You can install them and use them as the virtual volume keys that could help you to scale the volume up and simultaneously volume down.
Third-party apps can serve as temporary solutions if you’re in a pinch and need to control the volume quickly.
- Explore volume control apps available on your app store.
- Install and use these apps as virtual volume keys to adjust the sound.
- Alternatively, utilize built-in Android assistants to control volume when physical buttons are not working.
If you don’t want to install any app, you can go with the Android assistant, which would help you to volume up and down when your volume keys are not working.
Additional App Info
|App Name||Volume Styles – Custom control|
|App Size||6 MB|
|Release Date||29 March 2020|
|Supported Devices||Android 5.0 and up|
|Rating||Rated for 3+ Stars|
5. Resetting the System Settings
You could try resetting your system settings if there is any software bug. I know it is not worth it, but you could try it if you don’t want to visit any repair center and want to repair it yourself. Moreover, the steps to reset system settings and network settings are similar.
Resetting your system settings can help resolve software-related issues affecting the volume buttons.
- Access the settings menu on your smartphone.
- Look for the option to reset system settings.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to reset the settings.
- Test the volume buttons afterward to see if they respond.
6. Update Your Smartphone
There is a perfect thing that is happening nowadays, which is that smartphones are getting updates almost every two months. This is curing most smartphone problems, whether the Android charging slowly on your smartphone is working too slowly.
Regularly updating your smartphone’s software can provide bug fixes and improvements, potentially resolving volume button issues.
- Check for software updates in your device settings.
- Download and install any available updates.
- Restart your phone and test the volume buttons.
Many people don’t install the system update, but that is necessary. It is like the trend we all follow, so update it.
7. Take Your Phone to the Repair Center
If you tried all the above steps, that is the ultimate thing you could do. You could go to a repair center nearby. They would love to help you with that scenario because we are not professional enough to open up your smartphone and professionally fix volume buttons.
Why is my volume button not working on Smartphones?
- Check for physical damage or obstructions.
- Restart your device.
- Clean around the volume buttons.
- Boot your device into safe mode.
- Update your device’s software.
- Reset your system settings.
- Seek professional repair or contact the manufacturer if your device is under warranty.
These are general troubleshooting steps and may not work for all devices. If you still have trouble after trying these steps, please get in touch with your device manufacturer for further assistance.
How to increase or decrease the volume when the volume button is not working
Have you ever found yourself in a situation where your volume buttons suddenly stop working? It can be frustrating, especially when you’re eager to listen to your favorite music or watch a captivating video.
Let’s dive in and discover how to regain control over your audio experience!
1: Accessing Volume Controls via Settings
When the volume buttons aren’t functioning, accessing the volume controls through your device’s settings can be a lifesaver.
- Unlock your device and navigate to the Settings menu.
- Look for the “Sounds” or “Sound & Vibration” option and tap on it.
- Locate the “Media Volume,” “Alert Volume,” or similar options within the sound settings.
- Adjust the volume sliders to increase or decrease the volume according to your preference.
- Test the volume by playing a sound or video to ensure the changes have occurred.
2: Utilizing Assistive Touch (For iOS Users)
If iPhone users face unresponsive volume buttons, the Assistive Touch feature can be your go-to solution.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Tap on “Accessibility” and then select “Touch.”
- Inside the Touch settings, locate and enable “Assistive Touch.”
- A virtual floating button will appear on your screen.
- Tap on the Assistive Touch button, followed by “Device” and “Volume Up” or “Volume Down.”
- Adjust the slider to increase or decrease the volume to your desired level.
3: Employing Volume Control Apps
Consider installing volume control apps on your device’s store when all else fails.
- Visit your app store (e.g., Google Play Store, Apple App Store).
- Search for volume control apps and choose a well-reviewed and reliable option.
- Install the app on your device.
- Launch the app and follow the instructions to set it up.
- Utilize the virtual volume controls provided by the app to adjust the volume as needed.
4: Using Bluetooth or Wired Headphones with Volume Controls
Another workaround is to connect Bluetooth or wired headphones with built-in volume controls to your device.
- Pair your Bluetooth headphones with your device or connect your wired headphones.
- Use the volume controls on your headphones to increase or decrease the volume.
- Enjoy your audio or video content with the adjusted volume.
11 Ways to Fix volume button not working on Android or ios
- Check for physical obstructions.
- Restart your device.
- Update your device’s software.
- Clear cache and data of volume-related apps.
- Perform a factory reset (backup your data first).
- Use safe mode to check for software conflicts.
- Try using volume control apps.
- Use on-screen volume controls.
- Utilize voice commands for volume control.
- Check for hardware damage or contact a professional.
- Seek support from the device manufacturer or service provider.
Alternative Ways to Adjust Volume Without Physical Buttons
In situations where the volume buttons are completely unresponsive, you still have options to control the volume of your device:
- On-screen volume controls: Most smartphones offer on-screen controls that allow you to adjust the volume directly from the screen. Swipe down the notification panel and locate the volume sliders.
- Voice commands: Utilize voice assistants like Siri or Google Assistant to control the volume through voice commands. Just say, “Hey Siri, increase the volume,” or “Ok, Google, decrease the volume.”
- Gesture-based controls: Some smartphones offer gesture-based volume control options, allowing you to swipe or tap on the screen to adjust volume levels. Check your device’s settings or accessibility options for such features.
That’s it. You can use the volume keys when they are not working.
Today I mentioned the best steps to fix the volume buttons. And also, I told you why my volume buttons are not working.
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial, and have a nice day. Enjoy your weekend, and don’t forget to mention your favorite song in the comments that you will listen to, but suddenly the volume keys stopped working.
So don’t forget to comment below about something extraordinary and what you will listen to. I want to see the personality. Only 0.5 % of people comment.