This post has been Last Updated 2 months ago by Kunal
Blurry Camera? An Easy Way to Fix it: Have you ever opened your camera app and got everything blurred, all the objects and The people blurred? What could be worse than that?
Clicked a Perfect Picture, but later, you found it was blurry when you saw it. Wow, that’s what happened to me. And if you have questions like Why is your camera blurry? OR My phone camera is blurry. How do I fix it?
Today I have the solutions for all these problems and a straightforward explanation.
Why is My Camera Taking Blurry Photos?
There could be many reasons behind the camera Blur. But mainly six reasons.
- Dust or Vapor.
- Autofocus might create a blur.
- Camera Settings.
- In many cases, the App might be the problem.
- Mobile cases or covers.
- Dust went inside the lens.
Let’s quickly move on to the solutions.
How to Fix Blurry Camera on Any Phone – 11 Steps
In this tutorial, I will show you the six steps you can follow to fix all the camera problems creating Blur. To click perfect photos Or photos without Blur.
1. Try to clean the lens with a secret formula!
Many people clean their smartphones’ camera lenses, but most fail to click perfect photos after wiping the cotton on the camera’s lens.
Here is what you can do. So, first of all, you need cotton balls and toothpaste. You can use any toothpaste, and it doesn’t matter.
Right after collecting all required materials:
- Apply some toothpaste on the cotton balls and start rubbing on the camera lens gently.
- After a few minutes, dip another cotton ball into water. Remember, Don’t wet the cotton thoroughly.
- Start rubbing the wet cotton ball on the camera lens to clear all the toothpaste.
Video Tutorial to Clean smartphone camera:
Right after the process, try to click a picture, and hopefully, it will work for most of the devices but remember to read further steps to fix it completely.
- Use a clean microfiber cloth designed for camera lenses or eyeglasses.
- Avoid spraying cleaning agents directly on the lens or cloth, as certain chemicals may react poorly with the outer camera lens glass coating.
- For water-resistant phones, gently rinse the outer camera lens glass with clean, fresh water to remove small sand particles or debris. Be cautious not to scratch the lens while cleaning.
2. Turn off the Automatic Focus
Many smartphones have a default setting for autofocus, which is always on even when you don’t need it.
This can be the issue behind the front or rear camera blur. To fix it, disable the autofocus from settings, and below are the steps to disable it:
- Open Camera App.
- Now long tap on the object on which you want to focus.
- After a few seconds, The autofocus will be locked.
- Now you can take images without that autofocus.
On that note, let’s move on to the third method to fix blur.
3. Shuffle in-camera setting
As we all know, according to our needs, we change the default settings from the company, but sometimes, this might create a problem with your camera lens.
If you still haven’t changed your camera settings, you must restore all the default ones to fix the unclear photos problem.
To restore default camera settings, follow the below procedure
- First of all, open the default camera app.
- Get into the settings > Scroll Down to the bottom.
- Now Tap on Restore default settings.
In many phones, resetting the camera settings can fix blur issues, even in Samsung and realme devices.
4. Install a third-party camera app
If you have followed the above steps, you need a third-party camera app. Why do I need a third-party camera app? Because sometimes, there is a bug in the default camera app, which is pre-installed by the company itself, you need a camera app you can download from the Google Play Store.
5. Remove the Smartphone Cover, the So-called “Case.”
Who doesn’t use mobile covers? I use mobile covers, and I am sure you’re probably not using mobile covers too. Mobile covers are the protectors for our smartphones. They protect our smartphone screens and body.
How can smartphone covers cause the Camera Blur? In many cases, if you have a smartphone case, then this might be the problem because, in most mobile cases, there is a bump over the camera. Sometimes it covers the camera (Even a little bit or Flashlight filled in cover), OR the case might not be properly manufactured, or you can say it’s a defective piece.
To fix camera blurring, try this: Whenever you are clicking any pictures, try to remove the mobile cover—removing the mobile cover.
6. Dust Inside the Camera Lens
If you can see the dust inside the camera lens or on the camera mirror, you should go to any nearby Mobile Repair Shop. Many people try to do it themselves, but I don’t suggest if you want good results, then I strongly recommend you show your phone to an expert.
7. Clean Your Screen
A film of grease or smudges on your smartphone screen can also affect image clarity. To rule out this issue, thoroughly wipe your phone’s screen with a clean microfiber cloth. Ensure the screen is free from fingerprints and other smudges before taking photos.
8. Tap for Focus
The autofocus feature on your smartphone may occasionally get things wrong. In such cases, you can rectify the focus by tapping on the subject you want to focus on in the camera app viewfinder. You can tap anywhere in the frame on iPhones to shift the focus. Android camera apps may have different methods, so consult the app’s help file or instructions specific to your phone’s brand.
9. Switch to a Different Camera
Most modern smartphones come equipped with multiple cameras, each with its own focal length and capabilities. If an image appears blurry, try switching to a camera with a different focal length or zoom level to see if it improves the clarity. The main camera usually offers better clarity and resolution than secondary or front-facing cameras.
10. Restart Your Phone or Update the Camera App
Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve software glitches that affect camera performance. Close the camera app, turn off your phone, wait a few seconds, and then turn it back on. Additionally, ensure your camera app is updated with the latest version available from your device’s app store. App updates often include bug fixes and improvements that can enhance camera functionality.
11. Try Manual Mode
Manual mode in smartphone camera apps allows you to manually adjust settings like ISO, shutter speed, and focus. By experimenting with these settings, you can optimize the camera for specific shooting conditions and reduce blur. For example, in low-light situations, you can increase the ISO and decrease the shutter speed to capture clearer photos.
Why is my camera lens blurry?
If your camera lens is blurry, chances are there’s dust inside the lens or the lens of the camera being scratched. It can be fixed by clearing the camera lens using a thinner cotton ball. Moreover, visit the nearest repair shop and get the camera lens fixed. Generally, camera blur is caused by general issues like; not cleaning the phone or autofocus not working.
Why is my front camera blurry android?
There are a few reasons why your front camera might be blurry on Android. Here are some of the most common causes:
- The lens is dirty or covered in fingerprints. Try cleaning the lens with a soft cloth to see if that improves the image quality.
- The camera is not focused properly. Try tapping on the screen where you want to focus to focus the camera manually.
- The camera app needs to be updated. Make sure you have the latest version of the camera app installed.
- The camera sensor is damaged. If you’ve dropped or otherwise damaged your phone, the camera sensor may be damaged and must be repaired or replaced.
If you’ve tried all these things and your front camera is still blurry, you may need to take your phone to a technician for further diagnosis and repair.
Why is my phone taking blurry pictures?
Generally, the camera hasn’t been cleaned for a long time, scratched on the lens, dust, or vapour on the phone camera. It can be fixed by cleaning it using thinner (nail paint remover) or using a wet cotton ball.
Other helpful resources and references
This Article is about why your camera is blurry and how to fix it. I hope this tutorial will be helpful for you to fix the camera blur problem.
Many people have already tried these steps, and I also tried them on my smartphone, and you should also try this.
Let me know in the comments if you still have any queries about Camera Blur.