This post has been Last Updated 4 months ago by Kunal
Here are the Instant fixes for the latest error of YouTube: after the YouTube AdBlock not allowed thing that happened globally.
Quick Fix That I Did
I use uBlock Origin, and the fix involved adding a specific filter to it. The filter is:
Once I added this filter in uBlock Origin, the problem was resolved for me. It’s a bit technical, but it seemed to do the trick.
Now, it’s important to note that this issue might be connected to YouTube’s ongoing efforts to combat ad blockers, which have been causing frustration for some users. If the filter doesn’t work for you, it’s a good idea to keep an eye on the Reddit thread for any additional solutions or updates regarding the problem.
The issue of “open link in new tab not working in YouTube” is a common problem that can be caused by a variety of factors. This issue can be frustrating for users, as it can prevent them from easily opening and viewing links to other videos or websites.
This article will discuss the potential causes of this issue and provide a variety of troubleshooting steps that you can try to fix it.
And if this works for you, do join a Reddit community from Fix It Kunal and you can ask anything us.
Potential causes of the issue
There are several potential causes for the issue of “open link in new tab not working, in YouTube.” These include:
- Browser extensions or add-ons: Browser extensions and add-ons can sometimes interfere with the functionality of YouTube, including the ability to open links in new tabs.
- Ad blockers: Ad blockers can also block the functionality that allows you to open links in new tabs on YouTube.
- Third-party cookies: Third-party cookies are cookies that are set by websites other than the one you are currently visiting. These cookies can sometimes interfere with the functionality of YouTube, including the ability to open links in new tabs.
- Cache and cookies: Cache and cookies are temporary files that are stored on your computer by websites to improve loading times. These files can sometimes become corrupted or outdated, which can cause problems with YouTube, such as the inability to open links in new tabs.
- YouTube’s settings: Incorrect YouTube settings can also cause the issue of “open link in new tab not working.”
- Hardware or software conflicts: Hardware or software conflicts can also cause problems with YouTube, including the inability to open links in new tabs.
4 Ways to Get Rid of YouTube New Tab Not Working (troubleshooting)
If you are experiencing the issue of “open link in new tab not working in YouTube,” you can try the following troubleshooting steps:
Fix 1:Disable browser extensions or add-ons
Disable all browser extensions and add-ons to see if this resolves the issue. If it does, you can re-enable your extensions and add-ons one at a time to identify the one that is causing the problem.
Generally, this issue is caused by the ad blockers you are using on YouTube. YouTube recently updated its systems, and as a result, they have potentially blocked the ability to open new videos in a new tab. When you try to open a video in a new tab, it may not open; instead, it shows you a blank screen. This problem is typically associated with a browser extension, often the ad blocker, and in most cases, it’s uBlock Origin
Do This: Disable ad blockers
Disable your ad blocker to see if this resolves the issue.
Fix 2: Clear cache and cookies
Clear your cache and cookies to see if this resolves the issue.
- Open Google Chrome.
- Click on the three vertical dots in the upper-right corner to open the menu.
- Go to “More tools” > “Clear browsing data.”
- In the pop-up window, select “Cookies and other site data” and “Cached images and files.”
- Choose the time range you want to clear (e.g., “Last 24 hours” or “All time.”
- Click the “Clear data” button.
- Open Mozilla Firefox.
- Click on the three horizontal lines in the upper-right corner to open the menu.
- Go to “Options” > “Privacy & Security.”
- In the Cookies and Site Data section, click on “Clear Data.”
- Check both “Cookies” and “Cached Web Content.”
- Click the “Clear” button.
- Open Microsoft Edge.
- Click on the three horizontal dots in the upper-right corner to open the menu.
- Go to “Settings” > “Privacy, search, and services.”
- Under “Clear browsing data,” click on “Choose what to clear.”
- Select “Cookies and other site data” and “Cached images and files.”
- Click the “Clear” button.
- Open Safari.
- Click on “Safari” in the top menu bar and select “Preferences.”
- Go to the “Privacy” tab.
- Click on “Manage Website Data.”
- Click “Remove All” to delete all cookies and website data.
Fix 3: Check YouTube settings
Make sure that your YouTube settings are correct. To do this, go to Settings > Playback & performance and make sure that the Inline playback option is turned off.
At the same time, if you haven’t used the uBlock Origin extension on your Chrome browser, this issue is likely caused by the YouTube settings itself. To correct it, I have provided you with the steps to follow on your YouTube, and it should resolve the problem
Fix 4: Restart the computer
Now, I usually don’t recommend restarting in most cases, but this time, restarting can actually be very helpful. There is no particular reason, but if you restart for any problem, chances are it might be solved, and chances are it might not be solved. So, just to ensure that you have restarted your device.
Restart your computer to see if this resolves the issue.
How to fix the issue of “open link in new tab not working, in YouTube”
If you have tried all the troubleshooting steps above, and you are still unable to open links in new tabs on YouTube, you can try the following:
- Disable inline playback in YouTube settings: Go to Settings > Playback & performance and turn off the Inline playback option.
- Use keyboard shortcuts to open links in new tabs: You can use the following keyboard shortcuts to open links in new tabs:
- Ctrl + click (Windows)
- Command + click (Mac)
- Use a different browser: Try using a different browser to see if you are able to open links in new tabs on YouTube.
- Contact YouTube support: If you are still unable to open links in new tabs on YouTube, you can contact YouTube support for assistance.
The problem of “open link in new tab not working on YouTube” can stem from various sources, including browser extensions, ad blockers, third-party cookies, cache and cookies, YouTube settings, and hardware or software conflicts.
To resolve this issue, consider these steps:
- Disable browser extensions and ad blockers.
- Clear cache and cookies in your browser.
- Disable third-party cookies in your browser settings.
- Review and adjust your YouTube settings.
- Keep your browser and operating system up to date.
- Restart your computer.
If you’re still encountering problems opening links in new tabs on YouTube, you can try the following:
- Disable inline playback in YouTube settings.
- Use keyboard shortcuts (e.g., Ctrl+click) to open links in new tabs.
- Experiment with a different web browser.
- Reach out to YouTube support for further assistance.
The issue of “open link in new tab not working in YouTube” can be caused by a variety of factors. However, there are several troubleshooting steps that you can try to fix this issue.
If you have tried all the troubleshooting steps above, and you are still unable to open links in new tabs on YouTube, you can try disabling inline playback in YouTube settings, using keyboard shortcuts to open links in new tabs, using a different browser, or contacting YouTube.
If nothing works or if something works for you, definitely do let others know in the comment section below and if you are still facing the issue then do contact us from our contact speech or take this to Reddit.