This post has been Last Updated 5 months ago by Kunal
“Why does my phone hang up by itself” is mainly asked in my comment section. And there are a few main reasons which are the culprit behind your phone hanging. This is a QnA Article.
The phone never hangs itself. There are a few reasons: sometimes, it is software, and sometimes, it is hardware problems that cause the smartphone to lag or slow down your smartphone itself automatically.
So let’s see the main reasons why my phone hangs up.
Generally, when you consistently experience your phone hanging up by itself, it’s typically due to unexpected network errors occurring right after connecting a call, a software bug (caused by recent updates), accumulated SIM toolkit data, or ghost touch issues.
Moreover, overheating and insufficient storage can be contributing factors.
4 Main Reasons Behind the Phone Hanging by Itself!
Below are a few main reasons why the Android hangs up itself.
- Unexpected network error before or after picking up the call.
- A software bug mainly caused after a new installation.
- The SIM card is not working correctly.
- Ghost touch.
Software-Related Reasons for Phone Hanging
- Outdated apps and software: Keeping your apps and software up to date is vital for optimal phone performance. Outdated versions can lead to compatibility issues and result in frequent hang-ups. Regularly check for updates from app developers and your device’s operating system to ensure you have installed the latest versions.
- Incompatible or poorly optimized apps: Certain apps may need to be compatible with your device or may need more efficient coding, causing them to consume excessive system resources. Uninstall any problematic apps or those you no longer use to free up space and enhance performance.
- Presence of malware or viruses: Malicious software can severely impact your phone’s stability and lead to frequent hang-ups. Install a reputable antivirus application and regularly scan your device to detect and remove potential threats.
Hardware-Related Reasons for Phone Hanging
- Insufficient RAM and storage capacity: Limited RAM and low storage capacity can significantly affect your phone’s performance. The phone may hang or slow down when the available resources are overwhelmed. Consider closing unnecessary apps and freeing up storage space by deleting unused files or transferring them to external storage.
- Overheating issues can cause hardware malfunctions and frequent phone hang-ups. Avoid exposing your device to prolonged periods of heat, such as leaving it under direct sunlight or in hot environments. Additionally, using power-intensive apps or charging your phone while using it can contribute to overheating.
- Hardware defects or malfunctions: Occasionally, phone hang-ups can be attributed to hardware defects or malfunctions. In such cases, it is recommended to seek professional assistance or consider replacing the faulty components or the device.
Network-Related Reasons for Phone Hanging
- Unstable or poor network connectivity: Weak signals or congestion can impact call stability and lead to frequent disconnections. Switch to a stronger or more reliable Wi-Fi network to ensure uninterrupted communication.
SIM card problems: Faulty SIM cards can cause call dropouts and phone hang-ups. Troubleshoot by removing the SIM card, cleaning it gently, and reinserting it securely. If the issue persists, contact your network provider for further assistance.
Here are 9 ways to fix phone hang-ups:
- Update apps and software regularly.
- Uninstall incompatible or poorly optimized apps.
- Install reputable antivirus software and scan for malware.
- Ensure sufficient RAM and storage capacity.
- Avoid prolonged exposure to heat and power-intensive app usage.
- Close unnecessary apps and free up storage space.
- Seek professional assistance for hardware defects or malfunctions.
- Switch to a stronger network or connect to reliable Wi-Fi.
- Troubleshoot SIM card issues or contact your network provider.
Why does my phone hang up when I answer it?
If you pick up the phone and it hangs up by itself, it can be a software issue; chances are it can be fixed by Uninstalling a recently installed app or rebooting the phone several times.
There are a few reasons why your phone might hang up when you answer it.
- The most common reason is that the person on the other end of the line has hung up. This can happen accidentally if they press the wrong button or are interrupted.
- Another possibility is that there is a problem with your phone’s connection. This could be due to a faulty cable, a problem with your phone’s software, or a problem with the network.
- Finally, someone may also try to prank you by calling you and then hanging up.
If you are having problems with your phone hanging up when you answer it, the best thing to do is to contact your phone carrier. They can help you troubleshoot the problem and determine the cause.
Fix Phone Hang up by Itself Using These 4 Easy Ways
- Turning on and off airplane mode.
- Rebooting the phone several times.
- Uninstalling the recently installed app.
- Update the system software.
- By updating the dialer app.
Mainly, the phone hangs itself for two reasons: software or hardware. On the software side, the phone hangs because of unnecessary installed apps, outdated software, battery saver mode, and modified applications.
This is mainly caused by the smartphone’s RAM processor battery and storage type on the hardware side. Sometimes it could be caused by some misconfiguration in your hardware.
More than that, if you want to fix the smartphone lag problem, we have written a few articles on it. We have lived out all the articles below. You can read them, and definitely, you will benefit.
So when your phone slows down or hangs up itself, that could be due to two main reasons. On the software side, this could be due to using outdated apps, not updating your system, and at last, caused by moded apps. On the other hand, on the hardware side, this could be due to your RAM, processor, and processing power, or maybe you are using a low device. Low-end devices are just for day-to-day users, not gaming or extreme tasks.
OK, so that’s it for the article today. I have mentioned a few reasons why my phone hangs up by itself or why my phone hangs. I hope you like this tutorial. Let me know in the comments. What problem do you think causes any smartphone? Is it hardware or software? Let me know in the comments. Have a nice day.